Problem with Bathroom Extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So about 2 years ago I paid an electrician to install a new fan. I am a landlord and he installed it whilst I wasn't there.
The fan was a Airflow iCon 15S - SELV and the sparky fitted a transformed. outside the bathroom.

The problem was that the fan was permanently on and I never got around to fixing until now.

Me and my dad have tried so many things to get it working. Eventually, Airflow had enough of us and replaced the whole thing.

It's an Airflow iCon 15S - SELV (same as original)

The new fan intermittently turns on sometimes it doesn't turn on. When the fan does turn on the shutter should open but it does not.

We have a new transformer and suspect the old one may be faulty ? but are starting to give up

All photos of the fan and instructions here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/tebSH7WicbBjJvtao2JwVXqwqxohLz7ifV4QKKYsQrC

Could it be something to do with the outside gravity vent?

Hopefully, some bright spark can help us out ;)

Sponsored Links
Is the Feed to the transformer ok? Any loose connections? Sounds very frustrating!

Sponsored Links
You say they replaced the whole thing, but then you say you have a new transformer.

Exactly what has been changed?

Edit.

Sorry, I see it was just the transformer.
Ask them to replace the fan.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the wiring in the transformer (aka PSU if Winston was still here). Even though you have had it looked at. Is it wired as per instructions (lower half of this), with black to black, brown to brown etc. And if it is, might need to see or at least know what should trigger it i.e. light switch?

1697999461701.png

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back