problem with erratic indicators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all, first time poster.....

i'm having a problem with a fiesta, a while ago the left and right indicators starting behaving strangely. to begin with they were coming on and off at a very fast speed but more recently they have begun to slow down to the point of sometimes taking 10 secs between the cycles. i have checked and it is both the gauge inside the car (making the noise) and the lights themselves.

it does not happen everytime i use the car but if i use it for a while it will happen eventually, thanks for any help you can offer. I am looking to fix the problem myself but have minimal knowledge of car maintenance, if anyone knows what the problem is and if i need any specific parts could they please direct me to a good place to buy them (online or otherwise) thanks all......a very depressed and baffled nick

Sponsored Links
is this a universal part or will i need to contact a ford dealership?? also it is fairly easy to install??

thanks, and so quick a reply too!

Should be able to get from autoparts dealer as well as Ford.
Relays are normally small enough to fit in your hand,and a simple three-pin push-fit.

Sponsored Links
This can often be caused by a bad earth connection in the light cluster, remove each of the bulbs and clean them and the connection with switch cleaner. Also check to make sure you haven't got any condensation in the cluster. ;)

Hello my friend from far away say hello to Blair for me...........
Well over here the part that is giving you the problem is a Flasher Relay,just go to your parts store and give your year make and model and you will have your problem solved also check the condition of your original relay to see if it had corrision ok see ya later chief.

WE GAVE YOU ADVICE BUT YET YOU DID NOT TELL US YOUR ACTION TAKEN WELL ITS FUN TO GIVE TECHNICAL ADVICE BUT NOT GET A DIFFINETE REPLY BUMMER.

Sponsored Links
Back