Problem with flueless gas fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this is in the wrong area.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/produ...80&entryFlag=false&PRODID=7520181&paintCatId=

I've had the above fire for about 2.5 years, during which its worked perfectly. I always leave the pilot light running. Today when I turned it on, I noticed the pilot light was out. When I tried to reignite it, the spark worked, I could hear the gas hissing, but no flame. I took the fascia out, and lit it with a match, and the pilot light came on ok. The problem is that if I turn the flame and pilot back off, I won't be able to relight it without using a match again (a bit of a pain).

The pilot is controlled by a rotary switch, you push the switch in to get the gas, and turn it anticlockwise 90degrees to generate a spark. The heat output is via a thermostat control to the left of the pilot control.

Any ideas on what to do? My suspicions lie with the rotary switch that controls the pilot.

Sponsored Links
You mess with it- IT WILL KILL YOU. You are meddling with an appliance that has the potential to kill. Get someone who is registered to work on gas fires and is CORGI registered as well.

Nothing wrong with the control

i wasnt planning on fixing it myself, but I dont want some idiot technician fleecing me for things that dont need fixing

Sponsored Links
I have a flueless fire and it works fine, 100% efficient.

Tom, get a proffesional to look at it for your own safety, probably needs a service.

PVM is the fire more efficient than the Bottywarm boiler?

I sorted it myself. The metal conductor that creates the spark just needed cleaning, there wasn't enough conductivity to produce a hot enough spark.

My Clueless gas is Fire is miles better than my Bottywarm boiler, when the boiler is running and pumping poisoness fumes into my bedroon, the paralitic converter in the fire cleans the air, hang on need to sit down, feel a bit dizzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii--------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, but have there been any confirmed cases of these fires being dangerous? Or are you just being silly?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back