PROBLEM WITH GLOW-WORM FUEL SAVER F BOILER

T

TMD1978

Please please can someone help us!!!

We have a glow-worm fuel saver f boiler which suddenly stopped working.

Had a plumber come and look at it and he said it could be a number of things and changed a part for us, not sure what it's called but it looks like a little black box, anyway it still didn't work. He said it could be the pcb and the fan is running slow, best bet is to get a new boiler.

We really can not afford to get a new boiler so my husband went and got a reconditioned pcb and fan and fitted them himself.

Guess what..... the boiler still doesn't work, however, there is a tube which if we blow in it the boiler lights up, we obvioulsy cant leave it like this though.

Seeing as we have changed nearly every part in the boiler, we are now wondering could a pipe or tube be blocked or have a whole in it.

Any help will be much appreciated x

Sponsored Links
Call Gas Safe and get some phone numbers of registered engineers near you.

Your husband has already put your family at risk by installing a fan himself(which involves removing the casing).

Most engineers on this site could tell you the most probable cause of the fault,but won`t,because if we did you would probably try and fix it yourself,thereby putting yourselves at even greater risk.

I'm almost sure that the boiler is positive pressure case and as such do you and your family a real favour and get someone competent.

Sponsored Links
The money wasted on the PCB and fan could have paid for an engineer to FIX the boiler :!:

Who sold you these and why?

Your boiler is old and due to be replaced soon - if your teeth fell out, you would find the money for dentures I'm sure.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back