problem with heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

newbie to the site..

i have a concord wrs boiler and a danfoss 4033 switcher.

when i try switching the heating on the boiler doesn't respond but when i switch the water on the boiler jumps into life it seems to heat the water and also the radiators.

so the problem is that is the switcher broke or is the boiler on its way out ?

Thanks in advance.

Billy.

Sponsored Links
So what valve or valves have you got?
Either One 3port mid position valve or Two 2port valves.
I'll bet it's a 3port that either won't go beyond mid position or if it does it will have faulty micro switch

Hi,

I have just fitted a new valve - honeywell v4073A Motorised mid - position valve. when i turn the heating on, the boiler turns on for around 10 min then turns off the radiatiors don't heat up. same with the water. do you know what is wrong - i have checked the wiring and its seems that the wiring is ok .

Can some one help

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
That sounds like a circulation fault and the system may be require further venting. Is your pump OK? Don't take a noise coming from it as proof that its working.
I would agree at this stage that as the boiler fires for both ch and hw the valve is wired ok.

Hi,

I've put the heating and water on this morning. And it fired up for a bit and turned off. The pump keeps on making a noise every 10 seconds like it trying to work, but the boiler hasn't fired up since the first couple of mins when I turned it on, does the the system need to be bleed or is I a pump problem.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards

There is a lever on the side of the valve, which is used to latch the valve in the mid position when refilling the system. This is to ensure water enters the heating side without restriction. Failure to carry out the above means a 'air lock' in the pipe work can be formed. A pocket of air is compressible meaning the pump cannot push it out, so no circulation and boiler will cut out as it reaches temperature set by boiler stat.
The chances of removing an 'air lock' by bleeding a radiator is nil.
If you have drain off valves, then run off water and air will be able to escape

Your boiler and controls aren't clever enough to do anything clever with the pump... If it is pulsing then it is either goosed, or full of air.

Make sure it is bled and has a stable voltage going to it.

Otherwise - duff controls, duff pump, system blockage.
In that order.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back