Problem with high pressure pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thought plumbing would be the best topic for this since as theres no topic forum for Hydraulics

I have a 3000 PSI pump that is belt driven by a Briggs and Stration engine (also drives a vacuum blower) it is not a coupe up to a hose pipe job the water is supplied to the pump from a mixer tank (gravity feed) witch in turn is supplied by a main tank
The pump is not pumping any water

I have disconnected the hose from the mixer tank and coupled up a garden hose to the inlet of the pump.
Turned the tap on so as to force feed the water into the pump
There is no pressure shown on the gage with the machine off and the machine running
Now if I disconnect the 2 out let hoses on the pump rig up the garden hose to the inlet, with the tap on you will see water coming out of the outlet hoses with the machine in the off position.
Now I run the machine and there is still water coming out of the outlets however if I rev the machine up the pressure dose not increase
Now when I turn the machine off with the tap running note there is still water coming out of the outlets on the pump; then I turn the tap off disconnect the garden hose and connect the hose from the mixer tank to the inlet take it off to remove any air blockage there is a steady flow of water coming through the hose; reconnect it back up start the machine and there is no water coming out of the out let port on the pump

The original pluming had a 3/8 to 5/8 reducing nipple connected to a ¾ tail fitting going into the inlet port and therefore a ¾” hose going into the inlet from the mixer tank
The system now has 5/8 tail going into the inlet port and therefore a 5/8” hose going into the inlet from the mixer tank
Is it possible a 5/8” hose and not a ¾” hose is casing the problem or is it something a lot more dramatic

Thanks

James

PS
Basically by removing the out let hoses from the pump I have bypassed everything after the pump so therefore the problem must be within the pump or before the pump

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back