Washine Machine Drain (Waste) Hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

We've just had our kitchen redone, which included moving the washing machine to another location.

I was intending to extend the drain hose but it seems my washing machine (Hoover) has a non-standard size hose. 5 plumbing centres can not come up with a solution, other than to completely replace the hose from the pump...

... I have disconnected the hose from the pump and it looks like the fitting is a 20mm rubber moulded elbow, secured using what looks like a jubilee clip (not using a screw to tighten, but it just compresses on itself needing a pair of pliers to loosen).

Anyway, can I get a long enough hose to fit the pump without having to join anything? I'll need about 5 meters.

Oh I forgot to add that the current hose doesn't have the rubber thing on the other end!

Sponsored Links
You can join hoses. Our dishwasher has double-length drain hose and fill hose, has worked fine for 5 years. Not sure why an appliance would come with a non-standard hose. Cant you just move/extend the standpipe?

That's the problem. I can't find an adapter that will accept the current hose one end and the extension hose (about 2mm bigger in diameter than washing machine hose) at the other end.

All adpaters, couplers etc seem to fit only the extension hoses. The only one i've found that will fit the washing machine hose (http://www.wickes.co.uk/Polyplumb-Straight-Coupler/invt/424972) but the extension hose does not fit in!

The stand-pipe is behind all the units and under the worktop, both of which have been fitted.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back