Problem with Honeywell wireless room thermostat HCW80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I am having problems with HCW80 room stat. It is not regulating the temperature but only acting as an on/off switch for the boiler.

Warmfront (govt scheme) installed a new baxi duotec boiler with a danfoss programmer and the honeywell wireless thermostat just one month ago.

Warmfront engineers have been over 3 times but they seem to know nothing. They have replaced the thermostat with a new one.

Baxi engineers came and replaced the pc board of the boiler even though they said there was nothing wrong with the boiler.

The programmer is set to ON so that I know it is not interfering with the thermostat. The thermostat comes on at 25 degrees c and goes off at 20 degrees c. The problem is that as soon as it comes on it will not go off unless it is switched back to 20 degrees. So the house just gets warmer and warmer till its so hot (def more than 25 degrees) you end up turning it off. Also if I want to set it to any temperature below 25 it will not come on.

The inspector told me to turn it to 25 to get the unit to come on then turn it down slowly to desired temp, eg 22. This does not work as the unit just switched off.

An intermittent problem is also the boiler does not always come on either at 25 even though thermostat has signalled to come on.

Someone please help! This is my mothers home and she is 70 years old, she shouldn't have to deal with this kind of stuff.

Appreciate any ideas. Also wondering if these honeywell units are reliable. If not I may pester them to replace with Danfoss stat retb or drayton rf601, as I know they carry those also.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Does the "on" symbol (on the room stat) come on and go off as you turn stat up and down(ignore the boiler for now)?

Sponsored Links
there is a black wire coming out of B but it is going to the danfoss programmer. There is no wire coming out of the receiver going directly into the boiler. :(

you need to get them back, without seeing it its difficult to be sure but it does not sound like its connected properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back