Problem with Kitchen Electrics ...

Sponsored Links
I dont believe it! It has happened again. Getting fed up with this. :mad:

It is only the dishwasher and washing machine that have gone off again.

Does anyone here work in West London and can take a look at this for us please? :?:

Nickp.

Hi nick,

Sounds like you’ve had this problem for a while. I noticed on a previous post that the last electrician that came out to see the problem said he thought the switches where faulty. Did you have these replaced?

It seems very strange that both supplies would fail at the same time. Have you tried to over-ride the switches if they haven’t been replaced. i.e. take the switched wires out of the DP switch and join them temporally together using 15A strip connector?

You could also consider swapping the switches round. Say dishwasher on the freezer switch and freezer on the dishwasher switch etc! Basically using appliance circuit switches that haven’t failed

Make sure the power to the switch plate supplying the appliances is switched off before you try anything though!

V

Have you tried to over-ride the switches if they haven’t been replaced. i.e. take the switched wires out of the DP switch and join them temporally together using 15A strip connector?
Or by putting supply & load conductors in the same set of switch terminals - there may not be room for choc-block in there...

You could also consider swapping the switches round. Say dishwasher on the freezer switch and freezer on the dishwasher switch etc! Basically using appliance circuit switches that haven’t failed
Don't forget to check if the fuses need swapping over as well...

Sponsored Links
The last electrician thought the two switches my be faulty but he didnt know who made them so they were not changed.

I swapped the washing machine and dishwasher wires on to other switches and they were fine but the appliances I swapped over had the problem and went off.

I managed to find the switches at CEF. The switches and panel are made by RPP. I have replaced two switches so hopefully it will be ok.

See how it goes. :unsure:

Thanks.
Nickp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back