Problem with Neff Microwave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Model: H5642W0GB

My microwave switches on when I press start and the light and turntable turn. After 15 seconds the light goes off, the turntable stops and the food has not been heated. The fan, however remains on. Do you know what's wrong with it and what part I need?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Usually if it goes off between 10 and 20 seconds without any heating it is because there is a fault with the HV side of the microwave circuit.

Not parts that are recommended to touch as DIY as even switched off you could have up to 20000V on some parts.

Fault could be with
PCB/Power module
HV fuse
Magnetron
Poor or damaged wiring or connectors

Your model number does not look complete it should have 2 more digits after the GB either 01, 02, 04

Sponsored Links
I would agree with Leccy758,
the problem could well be PCB faulty also Magnetron related.
Not really a DIY job, microwaves can hold high capacitive voltages, even when powered down. If they are then not earthed correctly, you could be in for nasty belt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back