problem with new pump on hot water cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ive just installed a pump on a hot water cylinder. Its constantly running and ive worked out that this is because the vent is installed right at the end of the pipe run. The pump thinks that theres an open tap and keeps running. The tank is over 50m away and I would have to run the new pipework through 2 floors to allow it to reach the tank. I really didnt want to do this so I added another vent to the f and e which is much closer. Turns out that the f and e is lower than the cold water tank so its constantly overflowing. Does anyone know of a fitting that I can use to remove the need for an f and e? I don't want to suggest to my client that he needs to install an unvented cylinder etc.
Please can someone help as ive laid out quite a bit of money on materials and want to finsih this job so I can get paid :)

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You've got no option but to repipe it properly. Vent to correct cistern and pump fitted to the manufacturers instructions after the vent pipe or from a warix/surrey flange.

am i the the only one that can't work out what on earth you are talking about ?

the f&e tank is for the heating not dom h/w

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back