Problem with new wireless thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Iv,e got a niggly problem with a new wireless thermostat that has been fitted with the new boiler four months ago replacing a 16 year old boiler. The boiler is a Worcester Greenstar 28i combi boiler and the thermostat is a Honeywell T3R wireless programmable type. The problem which has only just arose is the heating is set to come on at 0500 to 0700 then again from 1800 to 2200. Everything works fine except the heating does not turn off at 0700 and set temp is reached i have to switch to manual if i switch back to auto anytime before 1800 it fires up which it shouldnt but it runs perfectly up until 22.00 when as it should it shuts down and comes on again automatically at 0500. I have put new batteries in as the ones that came with it were an unknown make and even though there was no low battery alarm the boiler wasnt firing when heat demand was on, the new batteries have cured that but i cant find why everything is perfect except for not turning its self off on the morning schedule. Looking online there is an overide on this thermostat but i have never set it, the only other thing i can think of is resetting the programmer to factory reset but as im not used to the system dont want to interrupt the wifi signal or create any further problem, as i cant contact the installer at the moment i was wondering if anyone could throw some light on what appears to be something seemingly niggly as the whole system works perfectly otherwise.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Have a careful read of the install manual and the settings on the thing- I've just had a quick look at the manual, it says the default set point for temperature is 37 degrees, the default frost setting is 21 degrees. Strange numbers, 37 would be like living in an oven!

Thanks never thought to look at the install manual i just consulted the user manual, it was a temprature setting problem, everything ok now, thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back