Problem with Panasonic tv remote control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I'm having this problem with my remote control for Panasonic LCD television. Sorry can't remember the model number.

Basically the remote control suddenly stops working. I cannot change the volume nor turn the tv off from the remote control. None of the buttons works. I tried to change the batteries but even with the brand new batteries the problem is still there.

I think the problem is with the remote control.
Any suggestion on what to do?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Buy a 1 for all. They arnt a lot of money..

BUT

It could be the sensor on the tv.

So buy the one for all from Argos, if you stll ahve problems you know its the tv.

Dead easy one this,

Take your mobile phone and put it into camera mode, then point your remote at it and press whichever buttons it is cause you the most problems, you'll see the LED glowing white if the remote is working correctly, if not then you are looking at the receiver.

This works with all IR remote controls, don't rule out the second set of batteries being conkered, happens too often only for another set to work perfectly.

another thing worth checking is the contacts are touching the batteries !!!

i have in the past when i have dropped a remote control the weight of the batteries on impact has compressed the contacts
so make shure the batteries are in contact both ends they should'nt slide with light pressure

Sponsored Links
Hi.

Just want to say thank you for helping me.

Anie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back