BEKO tv 284239NS problem with remote sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got given the above tv yesterday with a remote however the remote doesn't work. I've tried about 200 codes via the Sky remote control to get it to operate tv and no joy. Bought a universal remote today which wont make it work either.

I figure it's a problem with the infrared sensor on the actual tv so I took off the plastic thing on front and then tried the remotes again still not working.

So what I'm asking, is there any easy way to make an infrared sensor work again? I mean if it has been exposed to too much sunlight and that's what's made it break is there a way to counteract that like by leaving it in the dark?

Clutching at straws I know but I need to get it on AV so I can play Xbox!

Thanks in advance for any replies. I'm tearing my hair out.

Sponsored Links
The component you refer to is the infra red pre amp sensor which is the component which recieves the infra red beam from the remote control and amplifies the signal to the point where the tv can process it.You can identify the component as it is directly behind the small glss window on the front of the tv mounted onto a pcb within the set.(usually difficult to access)There is nothing you can do with them except replace the component it has three or four legs on it and the only other common fault with these is that it can go dry joint which can be rectified by resoldering the component legs were it solders to the pcb. Here's a good tip to check to see if your remote control is working set your mobile phone to camera, point the remote to the camera lens and press any button on the remote and you will see it as a white light on your phone display if the remore is emmiting.

Thanks for that.

Well I don't think I'll be able to resolder it as I'm not a repair person but a secretary!

I did the mobile phone thing and it was emitting a white light so the remote is fine.

I have pulled the plastic casing off the infrared sensor thing on the tv and tried cleaning it but nothing works still.

Looks like I'll have to plug in my old (much) smaller tv :(.

Sponsored Links
The only other thing is that there is usually a manual button on the front of the tv which selects av. It is not always marked av but may be a symbol instead.If there is not there is usually a manual button on the tv marked programme + and- if the - button is pressed repeatedly it can drop into av selecting down after channel 0

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back