Problem with ravenheat boiler

M

markspec87

Im having a problem with my boiler (ravenheat little star), i have no experience with them so if you know whats up, please use simple terms :p

Basically the boiler seems to have a mind of its own as to when i get hot water or heating. I have both dials up to max, and its switched on.

Sometimes when i run the taps, its freezing cold, other times its hot for 10 secs or so, then cold, then hot etc.

The heating just comes on whenever it feels like it, i can have it turned on for hours, and have it start working all of a sudden.

I have it on winter setting, and when io turn taps on, it does make a noise, but sometimes it doesnt mean anything.

I know this is very vague, but does anyone have a clue what im doing wrong? (im pretty sure the boiler isnt broke, just im doing something wrong). Ive tried the manual but its no help at all.

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
hi ime afraid you will have to accept that there is a problem with the boiler it can be several things that i could mention but they are beyond D I Y work so get a CORGI registered engineer to look at it
unfortunatlly they do suffer from a few faults like most other boilers
i know because i used to be an out of warrenty engineer for ravenheat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back