Problem with Worcster Bosch 24cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

Can anyone help with an issue with my 11 year old boiler.

No hot water or cental heating, just a cold and frustrated wife

The hot water demand indicator light is flashing rapidly and the reset button doesn't solve the problem, the manual would suggest there is an Air Flow Fault/ Flue Gas spillage.

Is there a simple way to resolve this?
The fan certainly doesn't appear to be working but I have no idea if this is the problem or a symptom.

Would it be economical to have it repaired?

Any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks
Simon

Sponsored Links
They are certainly considered to be worthwhile repairing. The worst case would be the PCB which is about £150 plus labour.

I assume the system water pressure is about 1.5 Bar?

Its difficult for me to guess what the fault is likely to be from what you have said so far, could be one of several things.

In any case anything to do with the fan or APS is a job for a CORGI.

Tony

Many thanks Tony,

When I first checked the boiler the water pressure was right down at half a bar, I topped it up to 1.5, is it possible this caused the problem?

Simon

Sponsored Links
The reset for a fast flashing light is usually turning the power switch on and off rather than the reset button.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back