Problematic Alpha CB24X

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was hoping for a little help & advice regarding my Alpha CB24X boiler & its symptoms....?

I recently replaced the diverter valve diaphram as the old one had simply had it and was passing water.....

Unfortunately, that's where my problems really started!

The boiler now works perfectly on DHW (a little cooler that usual but I'm assuming thats simply down to a slightly air-locked DHW heat exchanger).
However the CH won't work at all.....Once the PCB receives a 240v signal of 'Call for Heat' the boiler attempts to fire the burner, this ignites for approx. 2secs then shutdown & starts the ignition process again (Stuck in a loop....!) I have replaced both the PCB & Diverter value for new ones and both have made no difference to the CH systems fault....?

Can anyone shed any light or offer any further advice....?

Thanks in advance
Mark

Sponsored Links
Forget to mention, I've also replaced the Thermistor, DHW Flow Switch & Primary Pressure Switch too.....

At what expense!? Would it not have been easier and cheaper to call an RGI out to diagnose correctly? Let alone the safety implications you have created from opening the boiler up. It sounds like a very simple fix but it will be safety critical so I can only advise to call an RGI out.

Jon

Having been no where near the Gas elements of my boiler and at a total cost of sub £30 to date on parts, I feel that your reply was of very little help to resolve my problem but thank you anyway for your thoughts!

Sponsored Links
A diaphragm, PCB, divertor valve, thermistor, DHW flow switch and primary flow switch for sub £30!! Can I have the number and website of your supplier please!?

Safety of the boiler is not just a case of the gas train. Worth bearing that in mind. ;)

Jon

Welcome to DIYnot.com
DIY can be both challenging and rewarding - this is where DIYnot.com aims to help. Our expert teams have brought together hundreds of information pages. Why not Do It Yourself?

Our expert teams have brought together hundreds of information pages. Why not Do It Yourself?

I can that's why I was giving you the advice and not asking for it. (unless you want to give me the name of your supplier as I could afford to work just 2 days a week then instead)

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back