Alpha CB24x Diverter Valve/Diaphragm replacement.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My Alpha CB24x can only produce HW when the CH is on I'm pretty sure the diaphragm has gone and requires replacing. Its not the flow switch as I have already replaced it and the problem remains. Im not sure what the best route to take is, whether to replace the diphragm or the actual diverter valve. Any top tips would be appreciated in regards to replacing either of these items. I'm pretty good with these things, I've drained the boiler before and have a good understanding of how things work.

Sponsored Links
For a customer, I usually replace the whole diverter valve as otherwise the usually start leaking elsewhere soon afterwards.

As a DIYer you could just replace the diaphragm itself.

A tip is that the rubber part is the same as the common Gianonni part ( which is cheaper ) although the pins are different lengths.

Its a bit fiddly changing just the rubber part and of course it has to be done correctly but it saves about half of the cost!

Tony

If you need a complete diverter valve please let me know I've got one surplus to requirement.

Sponsored Links
Diaphragm kit every time. 1 hour max if you know what you are doing. Double it if you don't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back