Problematic shower tray film

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently installed a new shower tray and after getting it installed we have tried to remove the protective film to find it isn't coming off easily. Half came off in a fairly large sheet but now the rest is basically stuck and only comes off in tiny fragments. We have tried to heat it using a hairdryer and soaking it in soapy water but to no avail.

I don't relish the idea of trying to remove the rest of the film by hand so was wondering if there were any products we could use to remove the film.

The tray is stone resin with an acrylic capping.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Dave

Sponsored Links
You are supposed to remove it before fitting... unless you did what I do and remove it fro0m the edges on fitting and remove the rest later.

Never had a problem removing the film before... what make is the shower tray? Can you contact the manufacturer?

Sponsored Links
Yes have removed the film from the edges where it came off relatively easily. The base of the shower is stuck fast however, as you say never had an issue before with films.

Have tried to contact the seller but get no answer, certainly won't be using them again.

Will try and determine the manufacturer and contact them.

Cheers
Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back