problems with glow worm flexicom hx15 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everbody i have problem with my glow worm flexicom hx15 boiler it keeps going off after about 10 - 15 mins shows fault f25 done what it said in the manual still not working

Sponsored Links
possible cause it says check thermistors are connected to pipes correctly air in the system or system is too restrictive

I have just had one fitted. Didn't work at first but after an electrician come and rewired it with three power supplies it was better but in the end a new pump got it going without any F numbers. [22, 25,11,]

The 20 year old basic Ideal standard was working perfectly before I decided to change it!

I am not a plumber just a old DIYer.

Total cost £1050.

Sponsored Links
Is this one of the re-badged discontinued Vaillant Ecomax pros? If so the pump needs to be set to 3 to get a fast enough flow throught the HE.

Thanks Dave

I am ignorant of the boiler you mention. Just a handy customer who thought his 20 YO basic boiler was likely to fail at the wrong time because 50% of the other same boilers on the estate had been replaced.

Plus a little tinge of green and the thought of pay back in about a decade.

'Chose' the recommended plumber's recommended boiler. He'd fitted a dozen without a problem before mine.

I have set the pump on the lowest setting thinking this would have all sorts of benefits =noise, wear and power. The 9 YO pump could be turned but with a lot of resistance. Is it worth taking it apart and fettling it? About £60 worth for reuse in 9 years time maybe?

If it is Valiant whatsit re - badged, is that good?

its not a rebadged vaillant, it was designed by glowworm and, as yet, only used by glow worm.

Is it worth taking it apart and fettling it? About £60 worth for reuse in 9 years time maybe?

Thats an old word we dont hear any more since allthe foundries have moved abroad!!

Used to be a well known word in the Midlands!

Experts on this Forum dont recommend the Flexicom boiler as they have quickly developed a reputation for unreliability. Possibly not based on much data though.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back