boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, got a glow worm flexicom 18hx which had been working fine for six months. It suddenly stopped working so I called out the glow worm engineer who said it is an F22 problem and that was to do with circulation and to call the installer. However the boiler comes on for a short period of time and then stops with different fault codes F22, F11, F25. I did call the installer who came round and is due to come back again shortly. I was looking for some advice as to what the problem could be given that different fault codes keep appearing, so that I don't pay for any unnecessary work and whether or not it is a problem with the boiler or system. Appreciate your comments guys.

Sponsored Links
not familiar with GW's but Vaillant codes (same company) indicate a dry fire F22 or NTC fault F11 both would be caused by poor water circulation or no water
check flow & return temperatures if you can and post the results both when its running and when its stalled

hope this helps

If your boiler is 6 months old, you need not worry about repair bills; boiler stops working = foc warrantee call out

Not always/usually the case!

If the system was not cleaned then the system will not be power flushed by Glow Worm and you will have to take legal action against the installer.

It seems very clearly the installer did not power flush the system. Perhaps you did not want to pay his cost for that?

If it was an inclusive price then its his responsibility. Tell us all about it and if he has messed up then name and shame him!

Tony

Sponsored Links
The foc call is to the installer, he sold the installation, so he has to gurantee the working.

thanks guys. stupidly i opted for just a standard installation flushing and the fitting of a magnaclean. Installer had recommended powerflushing plus a magnaclean 'cos rads were old. Guess you learn by your mistakes. Someone has suggested that the heat exchanger could be partially blocked with crap. The magna clean had got very dirty and might not have caught all the crap. What do you recon?

thanks. magna clean was clean out thoroughly but circualtion problem still exists.

Stick the strongest cleaner in that your system can handle, turn the boiler as high up as it will go, run dhw until cyl fully hot and valve closes.
Clean filter.
Turn dhw off, and heating on. Close all rads but one and run fro 10 minutes. Close that rad and open next. Continue process rad after rad and clean filter regularly.
When the cleaner has been in for the maximum time indicated, drain system completely and refill with clean water. run with all rads and cylinder open and drain completely.
Repeat until water coming out is clear. Check clarity by catching water in clear jug; you should be able to see the bottom of the jug with at least 100 mm water in the jug.

Once this is done, stick another type/brand of cleaner in that can stay longer and run system as normal. Keep cleaning filter. Rinse process as above.
Repeat with descaling product and rinse as above.

cheers, but can't get boiler to stay lit because it goes to a fault code within a minute or two at the most.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back