problems with signal

C

compheat

Hi,
I've got a samsung flat screen tv which untill saturday recieved the signal directly from a normal ariel.
Came home on saturday to find a not recieving signal on the screen.
I had a Sky HD box without a card which i've connected via a sat ariel and all was fine untill tonight and once again it keeps coming up with a No signal message then returning back to a normal picture.
My question is do you thinks its the TV or something else thats causing this.

Sponsored Links
I'm confused, are you having problems with your Sky HD signal or your Freeview signal? if it's your sky hd signal this will be connected to a dish, not an aerial. If it's your freeview your areal is normally connected into the back of your TV - RF socket.

which one is it?

If you think you have a problem with your TV then swap test it, if you want to factory reset a Samsung TV check in the menu for FACTORY RESET

if its not there you may need to go into the service menu to factory reset the TV (however this may not solve the problem but it's one of the first steps in troubleshooting most faults)

I'd only do this if your sure it's the TV - I would try to swap test with another TV first.

Do you have a loft box? If you do, it's removing the sat box that has caused the problem. The box return feeds the tv signal and then it's distributed to the other TV's around the house.

The Labgear loftboxes have a switch on them to override this behaviour, the LNB pass through still works but you don't need the return for DVB. You might want to have a look and report back what you have installed on the aerial feed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back