Distributed Sky (problem with Freeview Signal)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
I currently have Sky HD distributed throughout my house via coax. The signal has always been great (with CRT TV's) - but since we have upgraded the 'edge' televisions to Freeview, the signal really has deteriorated.

I have isolated the problem by removing the connection to the Freeview ariel, all the Televisions tuned into the frequency I have set on the Sky RT Output (C50) were all far far better.

Knowledgeable people…. is there a way to isolate the digital signal to improve the analogue signal used for Sky? I have tried changing the RT Output channel without noticeable change.

Any idea's?

Thanks, Jay

Sponsored Links
Hello.
I currently have Sky HD distributed throughout my house via coax.

I don't think that's possible. You have to use HDMI cable or do it via CAT5/6 cable, otherwise you get SD.

The signal has always been great (with CRT TV's) - but since we have upgraded the 'edge' televisions to Freeview, the signal really has deteriorated.

I don't know what an 'edge' television is.

I have isolated the problem by removing the connection to the Freeview ariel, {aerial.} All the Televisions tuned into the frequency I have set on the Sky RT Output (C50) were all far far better.

You need to locate a clear UHF channel and set the Digibox RF output to that. If there isn't a clear one, then you'll have to fit a passband filter to clear space by removing some unwanted channels.

You need to locate a clear UHF channel and set the Digibox RF output to that. If there isn't a clear one, then you'll have to fit a passband filter to clear space by removing some unwanted channels.

I was perhaps was not clear in my description, however you have answered my question..... the above has worked to a certain extent (changing the channel) - I just need to find a channel with enough clear space to stop affecting the image.

I have tried 50/ 68 but can't seem to have a listing for Sandy Heath - trial and error looks like way forward, and in not, research on a passband filter.
Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
See http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd.exe?DX=L&HT=10&OS=LU7

Sandy Heath uses 21, 24, 27, 31, 48, 52
C.P. uses 23, 25, 26, 28, 30
Oxford uses 53, 55, 57, 59, 60
Hemel uses 41, 44, 47, 50, 55, 59

There's a possibility of interference from all of them and nobody makes a suitable filter. So, if your Sandy Heath signal is strong, I'd recommend fitting a variable attenuator to the Sky aerial input and see if you can wind up the attenuation without affecting Freeview reception.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back