problems with triton cara shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shower has developed an intermittent fault - I used it this morning and it worked OK - my wife tried to use it later this morning and now it is running cold regardless of the heat setting.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your prompt response. Apologies for appearing thick does tco stand for thermal cut out? If so where will I find this on the shower unit

does tco stand for thermal cut out? If so where will I find this on the shower unit

yes and it's on top of the heat can.
Test it with mains power off.

TRITO_22010070_view.png

Sponsored Links
Thanks again. To check if its working I just need to determine whether there is a circuit or not with my meter. There's no specific charge?

Thanks again. To check if its working I just need to determine whether there is a circuit or not with my meter. There's no specific charge?

2 ways of doing it providing your meter does continuity.

1, Isolate mains power to shower, set meter to continuity, probe on each end and meter should bleep if continuity.

2, Meter without continuity check for 230v bothsides of tco, but shower needs to be powered ie power neon on.
So keeps fingers off any power wires etc.

TCO TEST FOR CONTINUITY

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back