Products to overhaul a patchy weedy lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are just building a decking a laying about 15 sq meters of new lawn.
As the old lawn is looking a bit tired in places I was wondering the easiest way to sort it out.
The bottom of our lawn retains a lot of water and grows a little thin and the top is shaded having a similar effect, we also suffer from quite a few weeds. Its not awful but it will stick out line a sore thumb when the new lawn is down. Overall lawn is about 50 - 60 sqr meters.

I've bought products in the past to kill weeds but then struggled to find a product to fill the grass back out and make it lush green again.

Any suggestions appreciated, I know I wont happen overnight :)

20160712_205622 lawn.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I can almost hear the noise from all of the activity indicated in your photo, and if it's as well used as it looks then you aren't doing to bad.

If you want perfection then go & buy the greenkeeper at your local cricket club a drink.

Hi there, not particularly heavily use but we have just built a decking so worse than normal.

Sponsored Links
Have you considered a few well placed stepping stones, or even that this size of lawn is not fully practical until the kids have flown?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back