Professional Way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When installing PIR's in the corners of rooms, invariably the corner is not square.

Of course its very easy to twist the backplate of the PIR to fit the corner and misshape the backplate of the PIR.

My question is how do professional resolve this?

I did wonder about just putting screws down one side, but this may make it subject to vibration.

I also considered padding out using washers, but this could be unsightly.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Once the black plate is misshaped then the front cover wont fit properly.

Each manufacture has recommendations on correct installation of there devices.

Using fixing brackets (note some fixing brackets effective disable the back tamper).

Using one side of the detector back plate in several positions so that it is very secure and could only be affected if its hit hard.

If you don't follow the manufacturers recommendations it could invalidate any warranties.

Sponsored Links
Put two screws in one side only. As Hoover says, if you twist the back, the front won't fit (easily). There's nothing wrong with leaving a few millimetres of gap down one side. But try and make sure that the PIR top and bottom are horizontal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back