Programmable thermostat for worcester 28i junior rsf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there! Can someone advice me of compatible thermostat for my worcester 28i rsf combi boiler. I've been searching the web and mostly wont tell me whether they're compatible or not. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Practicaly any 240v programable thermostat will suit. They just wire into and on/off circuit on the boiler, all it does is send a live signal to the boiler to come on

Just about any programmable stat will do (if you have a timer fitted you can use a non-programmable one). The battery-powered ones with volt-free contacts are the easiest to fit, although you can use a mains-powered stat with this boiler if I recall correctly.

Everyone has their own opinion on which is the best, personally I quite like the Siemens REV11.

Thanks for your response. Highly appreciated. I'm sort of looking for drayton digistat. What are your views regarding it? And lastly I have no ideas about thermostat, do you think these wireless ones are straightforward to fit? Sorry for the touble.

Sponsored Links
honeywell cmt 927 and siemens rev24 are very good and easy to install and program.
draytons are a lot less easy and had lots of problems last year. newer ones seem improved

Hello again. I'm planning to buy honeywell cmt 927 as per recommended. Do I need to hire an engineer to install it or its installation is easy one that I can do it myself? Please help.

Hello again. I'm planning to buy honeywell cmt 927 as per recommended. Do I need to hire an engineer to install it or its installation is easy one that I can do it myself?
If you can wire a plug, you should be able to do it yourself! How you wire it in depends on what controls you have at the moment, i.e programmer/timer and room thermostat. Give us a clue!

Sorry still a little bit confused. I was about to buy honeywell CM927 in ebay but i was told by the seller that it wont fit my 28i junior worcester. It is only compatible with the greenstar model. Is it true? Mine isn't greenstar type.

Thanks for the quick reply. Is that mean sir that the cm927 of honeywell is okay for my boiler? My apologies for repetitive asking just would like to make sure I'm buying the right one coz i dont want to commit the same mistake again.

Yes - it can switch at either 230V or with low voltage - you just need to check the manual.

If I have the energy after my bath I'll check for you, but I am sure one of the pro's here will jump in sooner.

Mananged to find the manual and yes it did indicate 230 V thermostat connections. As I was browsing for honeywell thermostats in ebay I saw a honeywell 921 and found it cheaper than the 927. Is it as good as the 927? And lastly will it fit the 28i junior?

i was told by the seller that it wont fit my 28i junior worcester.
Of course it won't fit the 28i junior, but you can use it with the 28i junior. In fact you can use it with any boiler.

The connections are made to the Ns, Ls and Lr terminals of the boiler.

Connect Ns to the Honeywell N terminal

Connects Ls to either Honeywell L terminal

Link the Honeywell L and A terminals

Connect Lr to Honeywell B terminal

You should use a three-core cable not a two-core plus earth - you may have to buy a three core plus earth.

Check communication between proposed control unit location and receiver before fixing receiver in place.

If you have an existing timer, it should be set to run continuously.

PS The 921 is a 24 hour timer - every day is the same; the 927 is a seven day timer - you can set each day differently. Apart from that they are the same thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back