Programmer/timeswitch/roomstat needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently my programmer is located in the airing cupboard in an upstairs bedroom!

I want to chuck it away n fit a new one in the thrulounge, I have no idea what to buy, (my system is a conventional open system with a suprima boiler). I'm not into gadgets so it don't need thousands of programs

I like having a boost button which will turn the heating on for an hour when it's pressed, can I get a programmer with a roomstat built into it too?

What do you recommend?

Sponsored Links
I like having a boost button which will turn the heating on for an hour when it's pressed, can I get a programmer with a roomstat built into it too?

yes try programmable room stat ;)

think all the controls makers do one if not several

If you are going to change it, make sure it is a 21st century design with fully independent timing for ch and dhw, the improvement in response time can be quite dramatic compared with the old timers.

prob best getting a wireless programmable stat as it would be easier to install..
jus worth checking before ya buy ya new gadgets that ya are on a fully pumped sys with motorized valve/valves? (some sys are fully pumped with summer valves etc) these cant have room stats fitted without other alterations made

Sponsored Links
Nice one Kev.................................a 'programmable roomstat'........ain't technology a wonderous thing!

GMG..............my system is fully pumped with 2 2port valves, but a 'summer valve'.........fudge me kid, what is one of those?

Doooooh, being gormless is a terrible affliction :oops:

Kev, this programmable roomstat is going to do me hot water as well I presume?

what a ridiculous idea............................make the porridge, now there's an option :LOL:

It seems there aren't many all in one programmable room stats, only one I can find is the Danfoss TP9000

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back