Roomstat replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, I am sure many of you have endured the eternal battle with their partners over the heating settings.

We have a classical round dial roomstat placed in a fair location in the hall, I am looking to replace this with a digital programmable version with a boost button (as she who must be obeyed doesnt want to touch the boiler controls)

Any suggestions of model and make to do what I need (1 day program should be fine)

and as I have no idea what the hell I am doing, I would like some advice on what to expect when i remove the old roomstat and install the new one.. will I need a power cable? or is there one provided?

I am mechanically trained with a suitable electrical ability, but the wonders of DIY tend to make me think twice. I am up to the job, as long as I know what to expect.

Sponsored Links
What you buy may depend on what's available inside the existing thermostat box. If there's Live and Neutral in there you can obviously fit a mains powered unit, otherwise it will be a battery one.

If you power off the boiler system and take a photo of the rear of the thermostat I'm sure someone here will help. A reasonably cheap multimeter would be very useful for this sort of DIY, for both safety and identifying cables.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back