Replacing analogue roomstat with Honeywell CM907; wiring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace my dial-type Eberle roomstat with a CM907 that I've just bought.

The CM907 just requires simple Live & Neutral connections. However, I took off the front of the Eberle and it had 4 connections; Live, Earth and two Neutrals (one N was something to do with a "heating load").

Can someone please tell me what I need to do with the wiring? Do the Earth and Neutral (Heating Load) wires become redundant, or do I put the two N's into the same connection block on the CM907? Cheers.

Boiler is a Baxi Barcelona system boiler and the CH/HW timer is a ChannelPlusXL H27 (on which the CH timing will become redundant as I'll just leave it to "On").

Sponsored Links
the cm907 is battery operated wireless system right?

does it not come in 2 parts?

Sponsored Links
are you sure it doesnt have batteries? under the flap at the bottom

Thanks.

Yes, it has two batteries.

Sorry to be dim; I know to connect old 1 to new A, but I'm still not clear what wire to put in new B. There isn't a 3 on the old unit, it has 1, 2, E & 4.

Okay; I'm going to connect Live (red wire) into Terminal A and the Switched Live (yellow sleeve) into Terminal B. May the force be with me.

Sorry to be dim; I know to connect old 1 to new A, but I'm still not clear what wire to put in new B. There isn't a 3 on the old unit, it has 1, 2, E & 4.

Electrically incompetent might be a fairer self appraisal. Look at the wiring instructions that came with the unit. If you don't understand these or the way a standard 240V r/stat connects then wiring by proxy might prove difficult.

[/quote]

Okay; I'm going to connect Live (red wire) into Terminal A and the Switched Live (yellow sleeve) into Terminal B. May the force be with me.

Sounds promising.

alexp.1 said:

that should be right, but boy do you live dangerously, please be careful!

ELZ4742 said:
alexp.1 said:

that should be right, but boy do you live dangerously, please be careful!

Installed it today. Only took 5mins. Lovely bit of kit.

Many thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back