Programmers and timers

C

cabot

Right here is the deal....i've chosen a new vokera 35 linea boiler to replace my current 24 96 vokera.i have got a new flue but need a new timer/programmer.What is the difference......are they the same.I dont want anything fancy but must be a digital read out and nothing mechanical.The one that comes in the package is wireless.However all the contols will be situated 6 inches below the new boiler with a wired connection of a 240 volt fused spur as is present (old ones knackered).Could anyone recommend what i should be buying ? :confused:

Sponsored Links
I don't know what the included one is.

Programmer generally means two channels, as used by conventional CH - not a combi. You only need a Timer, which is for the CH, so a single channel.

I'd use a programmable thermostat, like a Honeywell CM67, which combines timing with temperature flexibility. Has several useful features, and is easy to use. They do make an RF (radio) version.

Are you exempt from having a condensing blr? also may i suggest spending a bit more to get a better boiler like vaillant or worcester

Yes because im in scotland, im exempt from having a condensing boiler.
But because of the fact that the house that its going in to has 4 bedrooms
and 2 public and has to run 11 radiators its going to have to be more efficient than whats currently in.(Vokera 24/96) which is pushing out 28Kw
or 95000btu.The current boiler is struggling to cope and i feel if i get one around about 35kw it should be able to take it in its stride.I have looked at the worcester and potterton but have settled on the vokera 35 because of its output,ease of fitting and the fact that i haven't had many problems with my current installation.Are you recommending any particular models in particular.It cant be too large either as it has to fit in with broadly whats in at the moment e g..width 455....height 887...depth..360.Any suggestions will certainly be looked at as the fitter is not coming until another 4 weeks and i am buying the boiler direct from an internet source.

Sponsored Links
Excuse my ignorance of your vernacular, does two public mean two bathrooms or two rooms which are let as bed and breakfast to the public? Or does it mean two lounge areas?

Anyhow 24kw heating capacity sounds more than enough.

Hot water performance even on a 40kw worcester isn't enough for two bathrooms if that is what you have.

Combis are one tap devices.

Cheap options are one cheap low powered 24kw combi per bathroom, run heating in tandem, if one fails you have heating and hot water until it's fixed.

Buy a new Bittony II water heater for one bathroom.

have a hybrid , heat a dhw cylinder aswell, and use the instant hot water for the tap nearest it (kitchen sink if that's where it is) and for a good shower, use stored water for washing machine, baths and basins.

Or best of all just get system boiler and dhw cylinder, no need to go to excessive expense and complexity of unvented, just buy a Trevis Boost shower or a power shower.

cabot said:
However all the contols will be situated 6 inches below the new boiler
Asking for trouble. I always put electrical controls and junction boxes to the side of the boiler. One day it will leak water.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back