Change : up(down) grade CH timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now then.

Just wondering - us it possible to interchange timers on boilers? My new house has a worcester 35 CDi II. The timer unit is a 'fancy' digital one.

The thing is it's a prime example of progress moving backwards.

My old boiler had a dial that you put pins in - so could have as many start/stops during the day. The new one is limited to two!

Ideally - i would like at least three (morning, mid afternoon, night time).

Can i just grab on older one off ebay then plug n play? Are they standard fittings/connections or do they all have proprietary fittings?

Cheers

Whitling2k

Sponsored Links
Can i just grab on older one off ebay then plug n play? Are they standard fittings/connections or do they all have proprietary fittings?

Yes, I think the older mechanical ones were replaced by digital but you can fit the old mechanical timer if you want,it just disconnects from pcb via a small 3 or 4 pin connection,just be careful and make sure you turn boiler off first please. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back