Project No.2 - What do I need here for a dishwasher??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Me again guys, inspired with confidence and alcohol I have now decided to move on to installing a dishwasher. I've already altered a cupboard and have the dishwasher in place. As you can see from the pics there is already a waste outlet for a dishwasher but I need to know what I need to do/get for a water feed?

Hopefully you can see enough with the photos.

2vno31u.jpg

e8qpo1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Not much room to add another tee in there, so I'd take the washing machine valve off, fit a compression tee in its place, then add your new valve to one of the ends. You'd need a bit of 15mm copper thou.

Not much room to add another tee in there, so I'd take the washing machine valve off, fit a compression tee in its place, then add your new valve to one of the ends. You'd need a bit of 15mm copper thou.

So add a piece of copper to the push fit tee then add a compression tee for dishwasher and w/machine? Can the push fit cope with added weight?

No issues with the weight.

You wouldn't be adding a piece of copper, you would just fit the comp tee to the piece of copper with the nut and ring that was connected to the washing machine valve. Once the tee was fitted you would then need to add a copper tail to each of the other two connections on the compression tee. The tails would only need to be about 50 mm long. Then you would fit a new valve to one end, and using the spare nut and ring from the tee, fit the existing valve back on.

Sponsored Links
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plumbing/Washing+Machine+Accessories/Washing+Machine+Y+Piece/d20/sd2705/p81426

or add this onto the valve you already have?

Nice one yerino. So I assume a small piece of copper piping is still in order to connect to the pouch fit then?

Or simply chop the cold feed further down below and add another speedfit tee for your dishwasher. :idea: That`s some shocking plumbing. :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back