How do I take a feed from these pipes for a dishwasher?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

Need some expert advice on how I can take a feed from these pipes for a dishwasher and what I need to do it?

IMG_2107.jpg

My guess is that I use a splitter on the shutoff valve then connect flexi to one outlet and the dishwasher to another? How stable would that be and is there anyway I can prevent the pipe from becoming too heavy?

Screen_Shot_2015_10_30_at_23_58_00.png

Sponsored Links
It looks like the flexi supplies for the sink tap is connected to a ISO ballofix valve. You need to fit a compression tee after that valve, fit a washing machine valve after the tee & reconnect your flexi to the tee.
It's certainly not the best thing to do, having flexis connected directly onto compression fittings, but it's done!!
HTH

Don't use one of those plastic splitters, they are not reliable and can pop off

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys,

I noticed the washing machine has a check valve so would I better placing a compression Y on this rather than under sink to flexi?

Sorry to disagree chaps, but the sink tap flexi would not be long enough to connect to the end of that tee.
The flexi would be best connected vertically to a tee.

Wow, you've got good eyesight P :) I can't see how long the cold flexi is and how much free play there is in it and if adding an extra 60 odd mm would cause an issue or not.

Wow, you've got good eyesight P :) I can't see how long the cold flexi is and how much free play there is in it and if adding an extra 60 odd mm would cause an issue or not.

Ah, years of experience & a ton of BS Rab........:whistle::LOL:

I'm
Sorry to disagree chaps, but the sink tap flexi would not be long enough to connect to the end of that tee.
The flexi would be best connected vertically to a tee.

There is play on the flexi but I'm edging more towards putting a Y on the check valve for the washing machine.

As terry mentions, there's no strength in those Y pieces, have also seen them snap on people before. As puller mentions too, careful when putting a rubber washer fitting onto an ISO valve, very easy to overtighten and burst the washer.

As terry mentions, there's no strength in those Y pieces, have also seen them snap on people before. As puller mentions too, careful when putting a rubber washer fitting onto an ISO valve, very easy to overtighten and burst the washer.

Was thinking more along the lines of these yokes?

Screen_Shot_2015_11_01_at_21_55_35.png

Take the iso valve off, pop one of these in where the ball valve is just now, add in a small piece of pipe after it and reconnect the isolator.
shopping

http://www.screwfix.com/p/washing-machine-valve-tee-15mm-x-bsp/60723

Just thinking there, if I look the shutoff valve off and replaced it with one these T valves, then screwed the flexi for the tap to one side and the dishwasher house to the other that would work right? Why the need for the extra bit of pipe and reconnection of isolator?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back