Proline dishwasher dwi5212 - door springing up sharply?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've recently installed the above dishwasher - however I've yet to install the kitchen fitted door to the front of it...however - the door wont stay open at the moment and springs up sharply - so much so that I had to hold the door open with my foot to empty it with a test run tonight...I guess adding the door will give it weight and might prevent it - but I just wanted to check and see if this was 'normal'.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's normal. Without the decor door your missing the counterbalance effect.

It's all fine now - however - I cant get the legs to balance so it always tilts slightly when I open the door? Does the door need adjusting - or the legs? I've tried to adjust the back legs as per the manaul - but they hardly move...the front ones move no problem!

It's integrated, it should be secured to the underside of the worktop.
Don't jack the legs up too far, instead, put a cut off of worktop on the floor and fit the dishwasher in place with that as the base.
Securing of the dishwasher will be covered in the installation instructions.

Sponsored Links
Sleepyhead said:
It's integrated, it should be secured to the underside of the worktop.
Don't jack the legs up too far, instead, put a cut off of worktop on the floor and fit the dishwasher in place with that as the base.
Securing of the dishwasher will be covered in the installation instructions.

Thanks. Will do that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back