Proline Microwave Not Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Proline microwave ST45 has suddenly stopped heating. It runs, turns and counts down but does not heat. Is it likely to be a major problem - ie is it worth trying to get it fixed, or just replace it! Thanks

Sponsored Links
My Proline microwave ST45 has suddenly stopped heating. It runs, turns and counts down but does not heat. Is it likely to be a major problem - ie is it worth trying to get it fixed, or just replace it! Thanks

heeelllooo and welcome Godderz :D :D :D

depends on cost and age less than £100 not worth the effort

if its a combination do other parts work ??
how old is it ??

Hi I thinks its about 7 or 8 years old. Not a combination, just microwave and definitely cost less than £100!

Sponsored Links
Common fault.

Near to the transformer will be a large glass fuse (usually protected by a plastic cover) that will have blown.

You'll have to remove the outer cover, locate and note the size/rating of the fuse and replace with the SAME. There will also be a second fuse mounted on a PCB (printed circuit board), this does not control the heating so ignore this one.

Before removing the outer cover, make sure the appliance is unplugged and left for a few minutes to allow any capacitors to disipate any stored power. There are VERY high voltages used in microwave ovens so be carefull!

The transformer will be traceable from the incomming supply from the mains.

Ebay sellers have good priced replacements.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back