Propane stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.This Exeter made propane stove in the style of a wood-burner is going to be used in a secluded shed.Can anyone explain why it wont fire up.The ignition works,it`s connected up to the bottle and regulator used for my gas stove but the pilot flame extinguishes after releasing the start knob with no burner section lit.Have cleaned out internals but not disassembled anything.Stove arrived on its side,could this have caused a problem?Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Is this new or used?

Are you sure that you are following the correct procedure for lighting? Do you have the makers instructions?

Some need to be held down to ignite and then turned further whilst still holding them down.

What are you going to do in this secluded shed?

Tony

It may be worth double checking that the appliance is an LPG model. It could be Nat Gas?

Check that the pilot light is playing on a bulb shaped device called a thermocouple.....maybe its become dislodged?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Is this new or used?

Are you sure that you are following the correct procedure for lighting? Do you have the makers instructions?

Some need to be held down to ignite and then turned further whilst still holding them down.

What are you going to do in this secluded shed?

Tony

what do you think he's going to do in a secluded shed :LOL:

Agile,It`s a 2nd-hand stove.The secluded shed bit was for the Elf&Safety brigade ;).Yes tried starting procedures you mentioned but no luck.I`m going to have to try and track down a makers manual.

DeltaT2,Yes has LPG on the plate.

Burnerman,Good advice,I will check the thermocouple when next in the shed at the weekend and let you know.

Boilerman2,Will it not fire up with a flue pipe fitted???????

rego,The shed is to be kept at a constant temp to cure painted items.

Thanks chaps,keep `em coming.

Thermocouple was adrift but was made an offer I couldn`t refuse.Buyer obviously has more ken than I do on the subject.

Thanks everyone especially Burnerman for sussing the problem.

Dusting down a little wood-burner now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back