Property Boundarys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some of the walkways around my GFs house are out of position by up to a meter in some parts. Her neighbour has now built a fence around what at first glance would appear to be his garden, but according to the deeds it is not. What takes precedence the deeds plans of the edge of the path?
Also is there any truth in that if it stays like this for 10 years it then becomes his land?

PS (Scotland)

Thankyou.

Sponsored Links
The boundaries marked on the land deeds are always the definitive ones.

With regards to "becoming his land" then you need to google for " adverse possession " and the specifics for Scotland. In England, it is 10 years after which the squatter can apply for good title in the land, but the registered owners will be notified and can object to the application

Thanks guys.
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the scale drawings? the ones in with my deeds is a bit small. I have searched my local planning.gov site but can't find them.

Sponsored Links
local land registry should have a copy..

ask at the local library, they should be able to give you the details of how to get a copy of your deeds and plans..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back