protect external cable on wall - where ot buy trunking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm trying to protect a cable (in this case it is a telephone line) that runs up a wall outside my mother's house. I've visited 4 DIY stores looking for something purpose made for this - thinking of metal trunking with pre-drilled holes for nails? Nothing seems to be there - also had a look online. Any suggestions on where to buy this much appreciated.

Apologies if not directly relevant in this section but I figured electrical cables must have this kind of protection also.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Most trunking has a solid back to allow you to drill your own holes to screw/nail through wherever you see fit. If you want to protect the cable then you may be better with some 20mm galvenised conduit and saddles to match, although I don't know if the DIY sheds will stock this. Plastic conduit is an alternative, but it wont be quite as vandal proof, which presumably is what you're aiming for?

Yes - mainly for vandal protection. I saw some galvanised metal that might be suitable (was only 99p for 2m - bargain) so unless I can find something more specific to this task I guess I can use that with some masonary nails.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back