Protherm 80e/E Eletricity dies on control Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a weird one this. On a VERY regular basis my boiler just switches off (i.e totally dead) Thought it might the fuse, so changed it and made no difference. Its not tripping the electricity supply either.

The only way to switch it back on it to push the boiler casing!! I have had EON engineers around twice and they have checked the connections are secure etc from the control panel and they could even witness the problem and solution but couldn't see what was causing it.

I have since pushed a wooden shelf (about half way up the boiler) up against the casing and low and behold the boiler has worked perfectly ever since.

Why is the casing affecting the electricity supply to the boiler? Or am I missing something really obvious?

Sponsored Links
You must have a loose connection or broken wire somewhere that hasnt yet been found.

You must have a loose connection or broken wire somewhere that hasnt yet been found.

I thought it would be something along those lines, but 2 different engineers said they can't see nothing wrong and they have (allegery) checked all the connections and wires. The 1st one said it was a trapped/pinched wire. Just seems weird that if the casing has some pressure against it it works fine?

I assume this is something a novice like me can do safely by just removing the casing and looking with a touch etc?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back