Protruding skirting board puzzle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Wonder if anyone can help please? I've had a room replastered ( Bonding + Skim ). I've bought new skirting board and have a good idea of how to scribe the internal joints and mitre the external joints ( thanks to the excellent advice on this forum ).

The new skirting board is about the same thickness as the old one ( approx 20mm ). The existing door lining is quite tight to one wall ( fixed to masonary ). The problem is that the plasterer has left 17mm between the face of the door lining and face of the plaster so when I fix my 20 mm skirting board to the new plaster face it'll protrude 3 mm in front of the door lining. Not only will it look a bit cr*p but think it may cause problems when the new door is fitted.

Whew, who said DIY was easy?! I'm tired just writing about the problem!

Can anyone offer any help please?!

Thanks in advance

plastered up to and protrudes about 17mm from the plastered faceinto the room. The problem is the new skirting protrudes 20mm off the plastered wall

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back