Provitherm combi leaking -help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys.

Please help me if you can. I think i have a non standard boiler.

I have just got in from a nursing shift to find a small puddle under this boiler and the bar led was flashing. I know that means low pressure so i have filled it up again.

I ran the hot water and all was ok but then i noticed some water dripping. it was coming down the 2nd pipe from the left which i think is the hot water pipe.

I have been a bit brave and taken the cover off :eek: I can see where it is dripping from. There is a barrel shaped switch (labelled sanier duval) with 3 wires coming out of it, atatched with a metal spring/clip.

Its leaking from there. After i switched the hot water off i noticed quite a bit of water gushed out. Now its just a little drip. What needs to be done to fix it - or do i need to get a man in. (no crude remarks please guys)

Janey

Sponsored Links
I believe that there are female heating engineers, you could get one of these in instead of a man.

Either or, i'm not bothered.

Anyway, this part is still leaking. It is actually a protherm combi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back