Saunier Duval boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have acquired a flat with a Sanier Duval boiler. THELIA 623
Central heating works but I can only get occasional warm water from the hot tap.
Never really hot nd never for very long.
Any suggestions

Sponsored Links
This is a very difficult boiler because they usuall leak.

Only a very few will repair them. Its hardly a DIY job.

The question is does the boiler make a noise when the hot water tap is turned on?

Tony

This is a very difficult boiler because they usuall leak.

Only a very few will repair them. Its hardly a DIY job.

The question is does the boiler make a noise when the hot water tap is turned on?

Tony

Nothing difficult about these boilers no different to others, all parts still available why replace when you can repair ? IMAO

I said nothing about replacing the boiler!

Only that there are few engineers who want to repair them, not because they are difficult to repair, but because they leak from so many different places and when they do the customer will call you back to repair the leak free.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Good call Gagile - Every Thelia I havew worked on has ended up costing me money (not why I'm in business really!) :mad:

That is why i make sure i do the job correctly ie replace orings not reuse , use silicon grease etc Although i must admit i have worked on hundreds of these and always carry spares as there loads in my part of the world

That is why i make sure i do the job correctly ie replace orings not reuse , use silicon grease etc Although i must admit i have worked on hundreds of these and always carry spares as there loads in my part of the world
In which case you'll be fully aware that even being extra careful, cleaning up all the connections, putting new greased orings on can still present leaks.
The last one I worked on I ended up putting 2 orings on the back of the pressure guage. The main problem is that the Hydraulics are moulded a fraction to large and not deep enough so the slightest movement creates leaks. Incidentally I don't think they are bad boilers in terms of reliability, not like others anyway, just a pain to repair. Tracing electric faults is a trial as well as some bright spark decided that every wire should be black!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back