PRV Leaking on Megaflo

doitall said:
ollski said:
pro said:
internal expnasion ski :oops: :oops: :oops:

2 direct questions + 1 = 3

another idiot who has no idea :rolleyes:

Jesus 26 posts, not a single one helpful and lots of new friends made along the way.....ideal screwfix forum material :idea:

excuss me, I told the guy what was wrong and how to cure it.

Water discharges Intermittently, the expansion volume is reduced within the unit, proceed as instruction above.

DOITALL thanks once again for your help. Your and CrisR ideas definitely helped me to fix my problem and I guess that is what this forum is all about. Unfortunately some times there is a lot of junk coming with it but after all I find it useful.

Thanks once again

Sponsored Links
So these things might collapse, but if you turn off the supply and open the hot tap the water stops coming out. Given the water has some mass and probably exerts a force on the cylinder walls, they don't seem to collapse in my experience. There's no point in getting into some far fetched theory about some rare possible fault as they occur only rarely. The really common fault is the lack of air bubble (expansion space). So the reasonable way to proceed is to deal with the common first and then get on to the less common.

PS pro, why do you miss "stitute" off your handle. (don't bother about mine, all the variations have been tried and I don't give a shiit). You would be better off following the path of "masterbuilder", he pushed off when his petulent foot stamping won him so many friends he coundn't afford to buy them all Christmas presents.

Oilman.

Its not uncommon for plumbers and heating engineers to collaspse a cylinder due to lack of education.

Large domestic and industrial more often than not use Calorifiers, Clyde and Mhs being the most common, the first thing an engineer would note is no Drainoff has been fitted and this is the point he should get the book out and read it very carefully.

To drain this type you have to open the fitted to the cold feed syphon tube after turning off the mains feed, and making provisions for air to enter the DHW section, and this is where the uneducated and them that didn't read the book come unstuck.

When filling you have to fill the domestic first as the inner cylinder will collaspe, when draining you have to isolate and drain the primary section first or you could be spending 3-4 thousand quid and more for a new one.

Stupid as it may seem there is No warning label on the cylinder.

you have been warned.

It's OK DIA, I don't get involved in big ones, and I really only do oil burners. If it's something large and expensive, I rekon it's better to leave it to larger and more expensive firms.

The comment I made about rare events was directed to pro who seems to like mountains instead of mole hills, and specifically about Megaflos. I can see what I wrote wasn't very clear. :oops:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back