PRV or Blow off pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Was wondering if some wise owl could give me some advice on the correct installation of a blow off valve fitted to my boiler in the cellar.

I had a Biasi 24sr fitted over 4 years ago in my cellar, which has been checked on a yearly basis and passed as safe.

The other day a British Gas Engineer visited to carry out a service after I took a service contract deal; he condemned the boiler as At Risk due to the blow off pipe from the PRV not routed outside.

I could understand if it was in a kitchen where people or entering the room on a regular basis but in a cellar?

I am a little confused why it passed for 4 years without any issues and now it has suddenly failed?

I contacted the boiler manufacturer and explained the situation and how the boiler was fitted in a cellar. They advised it a bit of a grey area and he was probably covering his back but as long as the pipe was discharged to the cellar floor in a safe manor it should be ok and considered as Not To Current Standards.

Any views or advice would be appreciated. :?:

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If there is no drain in the cellar then the worst that could happen is for 80 li of water to be dumped onto the floor. Thats as long as the discharge pipe goes down to end 100 mm off the floor.

That is unless the filling loop has been left open in which case after a couple of days the cellar will be full of water.

Strictly the PRV should be above ground level and discharged to above ground level.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back