PTFE, Jet Blue or both?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a ball valve fitted to an expansion vessel on a cold water system - usual pressure is about 4 bar. Despite several attempts using ever more PTFE and or Jet Blue, it continues to weep at the thread. Can anyone suggest a remedy - should I stick to loads of one, a combination, or what?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
A new fibre washer at the connector plus a smear of Jet Blue on it is all you should need, really.
John :)

Thanks but the PV doesn't have a flange for a fibre washer - it's just a case of screwing the valve on as far as it will go, hence the need for plenty of gobba!

Sponsored Links
If you have a leak and jet blue won't stop it the only other stuff you can try is heldite it cures in ten mins and won't leak put some on threads then ptfe then bit more on the tape never fails

If you have a expansion tank it as norm a flat fibre washer is expansion male or female I presume you have a standard ball valve with a compresion olive on not realy designed for the job but should do it done correctly 4 bar is high though so I have not read all story .I suggest you get a larger flat style washer tighten it slightly not too much as some times the end of ball valve cuts through seal as its not designed for that .or easiest is change valve or fitting to correct type to fit in the expansion vessle . Probably non of this helps same old story if you cant see the job its hard to advice ,so good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back