PTFE Tape

Sponsored Links
Oh please - lets not start this thread again :) You're opening a nasty can of worms here untrained. It's been done to death on here!

That being said :p, my advice is -
  • New compression couplings - Not needed
  • Old couplings re-using olives - Yes - Only on Olive - couple of turns
  • Old couplings, new copper olive - No - clean sealing faces on body and nut
  • Old coupling, new brass olive - Yes - Couple of turns - Clean sealing faces on body and nut
  • Compression coupling - on threads - Never

Sponsored Links

Unless you're using the latest cheap iso valves from wickes... aaarrrgh... Corrugated taper basically... Would put a devil smiley but with the new forum software it doesn't work for me.

Unless you're using the latest cheap iso valves from wickes... aaarrrgh... Corrugated taper basically... Would put a devil smiley but with the new forum software it doesn't work for me :evil:.

There you go :)

Corrugated taper ISO Valves?? need to go into my local Wickes and give them a slagging then :ROFLMAO: They actually stopped supplying a non WRAS flexi last time I had a chat with their department manager, was a giggle.

Oh please - lets not start this thread again :) You're opening a nasty can of worms here untrained. It's been done to death on here!

• Old couplings re-using olives - Yes - Only on Olive - couple of turns
  • Old couplings, new copper olive - No - clean sealing faces on body and nut
  • Old coupling, new brass olive - Yes - Couple of turns - Clean sealing faces on body and nut
  • Compression coupling - on threads - Never
Sorry to be a pain, I've been hibernating, Many thanks for the info. YNWA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back