Puddle of water under boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our boiler was serviced in Autumn but it has always been dropping it's bar, sometimes below the threshold of being able to turn on. When I refill the pressure to over 1 bar it then spikes into the red. Occasionally I am finding a small pool of water under the boiler, and felt the red tap which was weeping water. It doesn't always leak, but intermittently.

Its a Heatline c24

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
you have an expansion problem, thousands of threads about it on here look in the FAQs

And being a Heatline its almost certainly been installed by the non qualified and the pressure relief valve is probably not plumbed to the outside.

I have thought of that actually, cutting my losses and getting something decent like a Glowworm as my plumber rates them for cheap parts unless anyone here can suggest something else ?

I think as Spring is near and we won't be using it for it's heating, we will use it for the hot water and hope to replace in Autumn when we usually have it serviced.

Glowworm decent...find another plumber. Many of their models have been hopeless in the past and spares can be a rip off.
Remember most manufacturers give incentives to plumbers to push boilers...look at all the pros and cons of each make model....backup, warranties honoured, parts availability etc.

Glowworm decent...find another plumber. Many of their models have been hopeless in the past and spares can be a rip off.
Remember most manufacturers give incentives to plumbers to push boilers...look at all the pros and cons of each make model....backup, warranties honoured, parts availability etc.

Any suggestions to get me started ?

Your heatline is a glowworm !! Doh
Just a cheap one with 2 year warranty instead of 7 with the proper label on boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back