pug oil leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an oil leak problem on a peugeot 306 meridian 1.4 2001 it has been diagnosed with a head gasket leak which has been replaced and the head been skimmed the rocker cover gasket has also been replaced those leaks seem to be fixed now but still leaking slightly which looks as if it is coming from the oil pan seal, the car was brought with no service history so i dont know if it had an oil change for a while but 6 months ago the oil was changed and since then those leaks seem to have happend i dont know if thats possible could have just been a coincidence apart from the leaks the car runs great. craig

Sponsored Links
Hi Craig
These Peugeot XU engines need a new sump seal every time the oil is dropped......its a compressible hollow copper washer and once flattened thats generally it. Pennies from a motor factors - but you'll probably need the square peg key to undo the plug - not all of them have hexagons.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Great if its the washer.

If not clean and have a look every now and then to see where the oil starts coming from.

Hopefully its not the front engine oil seal, check the sump vent that its not clogged it will cause oil leaks

Back