Pull out platform

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I store my trolley-toolbox just inside the side door of my van. As it can be heavy (say, up to 40kg) it can be awkward to lift both out-and-down and up-and-in. So my idea is to have a piece of ply as a small platform that the toolbox sits on and which then pulls out on runners.
I need some advice on the runners please. I can find drawer runners easily, including heavy duty ones but they seem to all be vertically mounted. I am looking for horizontally mounted, screwed to the van floor and the underside of the platform. I don't think drawer runners mounted horizontally would necessarily work as the loads at full extension would be trying to prise them open, if you see what I mean.
Can you point me at any suitable fixings or perhaps suggest alternatives? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I used runners designed for plans chest to make a pull out freeer [it was top loading and stored in a low cup'd].
They were floor mounted and very strong.
You could use vertical mount on 2x2 frame which would have the advantage of preventing crap rolling under and jamming the draw.

You can certainly get bottom fitting roller glides and 40 Kg would not be a problem.
Alternatively if you have a company that fits conveyor track in your area why not ask if they have a spare plastic wheel run, or similar! ...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back